Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Best way to block incoming connections from open http proxy servers?

From: "Jerry Gardner" <sodaant () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 08:34:00 -0700

On 5/21/07, Chris Smith <csmith () 1pointe com> wrote:

What's the recommended way to maintain a list of public, open http proxies
and block them from making inbound connections to an http server with
iptables?

That's a losing battle you're never going to win.

I may be in the minority here, but I strongly believe that accessing
inappropriate material in a work or educational setting is a social problem,
not a technical one.