Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: HIPS experience

From: "Kristian Hermansen" <kristian.hermansen () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 01:07:17 -0400

On 5/18/07, Paul Melson <pmelson () gmail com> wrote:
Were you planning to disclose to everyone that you're a Cisco
employee?  Or are you intentionally being a shill?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/790/415

I apologize for not emailing from my Cisco account.  I subscribe to
the mailing list via my Gmail.  No intention of shilling, sorry.  I am
not a Cisco sales guy at all.  I just think it is a great product and
highly recommend it to people I meet.  You have the power to decide
for yourself, so I encourage you to investigate CSA and other HIPS
products.

If I ever travel back in time to 2003, remind me to install CSA on my
laptop before I go.  :-)

CSA stopped the ANI exploit, MS07-017, on 0-day.  Feel free to travel
back in time, but there are plenty of current and future
vulnerabilities :-)  Try your own private 0-day on CSA if you like,
and you will be pleasantly surprised.  Here is a detailed writeup and
screenshot showing CSA protecting against the ANI exploit...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/prod_bulletin0900aecd80622554.html
--
Kristian Hermansen