Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: [OT?] Accounting from PIX Logs

From: "Security Guy" <security () sligoinc com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:58:15 -0400

It's been a little while, and I find this interesting as I was using
tcpdump and a custom script the last time I wanted to setup accounting
of this type using a PIX (yes, it was a long time ago). Though I'm
sure there are tools now that will do a lot of this for you.

Brian, is there ever going to be a netflow-export type accounting
built-in to PIX/ASA/FWSM, or are we stuck with reading the logged
flows from syslog? Or is there already a better way to do this (I
haven't really touched a PIX since the 6.3 days)

Thanks!

-Karl