Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: qos pre-classify

From: tami <deadboy () tox mine nu>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:25:44 +0900 (JST)

Hi Tlec -

Thanks for your reply! Following your suggestions I went through some more docs, and tried to go with the example
config at <http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/pppoe_qos_dsl.html>, but it looks like my poor 1720 is not up to that..
be it through any encapsulations or not... applying a service-policy on Dialer1 interface returns "GTS : Not supported
on this interface."
I still wonder how you'd do it if GTS was actually supported on the egress interface, which is ALSO bound to a crypto
map, and also to which packets are routed from a tunnel interface...
Upon reading the doc at
<http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t2/ftqosvpn.htm#40881>, I get a
feeling that QoS preclassification feature is required??

I'd love to hear any comments, TIA -tami

firewall-wizards-request> Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:54:27 +0000
firewall-wizards-request> From: "Eagle Fire" <tlecuauhtli () googlemail com>
firewall-wizards-request> Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] qos pre-classify
firewall-wizards-request> To: "Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List"
firewall-wizards-request>       <firewall-wizards () listserv icsalabs com>
firewall-wizards-request> Cc: firewall-wizards () listserv cybertrust com
firewall-wizards-request> Message-ID:
firewall-wizards-request>       <8fbe4a270702280554y453e251bs9de9e2199bea827c () mail gmail com>
firewall-wizards-request> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
firewall-wizards-request>
firewall-wizards-request>    Why do not use ACL or route-maps in the ingress interface to mark
firewall-wizards-request> your Voip packets, then apply some queueing method on the egrees
firewall-wizards-request> interface and you should have it.
firewall-wizards-request>
firewall-wizards-request>    May be this link could be usefull. It's quite general but you can
firewall-wizards-request> use it to start.
firewall-wizards-request>
firewall-wizards-request> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tsd_technology_support_category_home.html
firewall-wizards-request>
firewall-wizards-request>    I think you could use CBWFQ or LLQ.
firewall-wizards-request>
firewall-wizards-request> -Tlec
firewall-wizards-request>