Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: worm?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:34:24 -0600

On 2/1/07, Paul Melson <pmelson () gmail com> wrote:

I think your technician needs to try booting from trusted media and using
more than one type of scanner.  The only time we've ever had outbound SMTP
sweeps from a Windows workstation it was botted.

PaulM

This will serve as a response to everyone who responded - some
excellent suggestions that I will certainly have him follow-up on, as
best as my position allows. :)

Fortunately we have managed to configure enough security that we
disallow outgoing connections to port 25.

Thanks!