Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PIX 520 webtraffic very slow

From: "L Cubed" <lllcubed () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 21:52:19 -0600

Check forward and reverse DNS in all of the places that you can think of...

On 2/7/07, Sri <jaadhoo () yahoo com> wrote:

Hi All,
I have very unusual problem and been trying for the last two days but no
luck, hopefully someone here can help me.
I need to access a host on the internet which is hosting mail server and
website. In PIX I configured "access-list inside permit tcp any host 1.2.3.4
255.255.255.255 eq www" and on the router I have "ip route 1.2.3.4
255.255.255.255 10.100.101.254" (254 is my PIX inside interface).
Setup1, Email and website worked except that each webpage takes anywhere
from 40-60 seconds to load, worst than the dialup internet connection. I
made sure nothing wrong with website by accessing it from the same desktop
by routing the traffic via proxy server.
Setup 2, I removed the ip route statement on router and applied using
route-map, router ACL access-list 101 permit tcp any host 1.2.3.4
255.255.255.255 eq www. Same result, email application works perfectly fine,
but not the website.
Setup3, Configured the host directly on the desktop and PIX inside interface
as the gateway, route ADD 1.2.3.4 MASK 255.255.255.255 10.100.101.254, but
yet again same result.
But I have another subnet on the same router working perfectly fine using
setup 2 and another interface on the PIX. But all traffic goes out in one
internet connection.
I couldn't find any resources on Cisco website, any help to resolve this
issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sri