Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FWTK lp proxy?

From: ArkanoiD <ark () eltex net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 02:41:40 +0400

nuqneH,

Here is the old version, quite ugly and using obsolete compatibility API
http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/patches/patches.html#3.18

but it compiles with TIS fwtk libfwall and does not require extensions.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 06:07:13PM -0400, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
Virnoche, Philip G wrote:
I am looking for the lp-gw proxy code to use with the fwtk.

I think the lp-gw code never became part of the toolkit, and was a
Gauntlet-specific module. I think that you can configure lpr to do
a proxy inherently (with minimal security) by configuring a remote
printer that a remote printer prints to.

Wow, that brings back memories; I haven't messed with lpr since
the late 1980's...

mjr.