Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: firewall-wizards Digest, Vol 6, Issue 4

From: "Tedeski, William" <William.Tedeski () acs-inc com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:00:31 -0500

James,

I think it would help if you thought of the Two PIX 535's Primary and
failover as one firewall not two.

Let me explain. A Primary and failover unit do not function as independent
units. They act as one. The scenario you out line in your messages would
require that you purchase a second primary or upgrade your failover license
to a primary for the new site.

Bill Tedeski
ACS Inc.

Message: 1