Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Pix 501 NAT problems with Web and Exchange server

From: "Crissup, John \(MBNAP it\)" <John.Crissup () us millwardbrown com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:02:07 -0600

The most glaring problem that immediately shows up is your access list
assuming that all traffic destined for port 80 (for example) will also
be sourced from port 80.  Quoting a couple of your lines below...

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any eq www interface outside
eq www

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any eq https interface
outside eq https

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any eq smtp interface outside
eq smtp

  These should be changed to...

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any interface outside eq www

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any interface outside eq https

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any interface outside eq smtp

--
John