Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: firewall-wizards Digest, Vol 7, Issue 4

From: "Tedeski, William" <William.Tedeski () acs-inc com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 15:08:50 -0600

Here is a simple access list for the inside interface of a PIX
Line 1 permits SMTP from your authorized mail server with out a log messages
Line 2 permits SMTP from any other system and will generate a log messages

Access-list inside-interface permit tcp mail-server any eq SMTP
Access-list inside-interface permit tcp any any eq SMTP log
Access-list inside-interface any any

Bill Tedeski

Anyway, what I'm looking to do, and what I need help with.... I want to
know if it's possible to log all outbound port 25 connection attempts,
EXCEPT those that come from our authorised MX's and mail servers. AND I
would like to be able to do this in addition to the normal logging that
takes place.

So, is it possible?