Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: PIX question

From: "Bruce Smith" <bruce_the_loon () worldonline co za>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:23:05 +0200

Hi Brian

You answered your own question at the end. When using ACL's instead of
conduits, there is an implicit deny any any on all interfaces. You have to
add an explicit access-list DMZ2-in permit tcp access host mailserver any eq
25 to get email flowing out.

On our firewall, we have a single DMZ with mail and web servers and had to
team deny inside network rules with permit internet rules to overcome the
default deny any any. With PIX 7, we have in and out ACL's on each
interface, not just in ACL's and we're restructuring based on that.

Regards,

Bruce Smith