Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Gmail replies

From: Paul Robertson <proberts () patriot net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:23:58 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, James wrote:

I don't see a way to permanently turn off rich text formatting, but some
postings indicate this may be possible- if someone figures that out please
post instructions.

I have to manually select rtf for each message be clicking the "rich
formatting" link. By default my gmail is plain text. I wonder if the

I've been told that setting should be sticky between messages.

rtf mail is from gmail users who are popping their gmail account into
some other e-mail client

It doesn't appear so from the headers.  I wish they'd just add a "always
send plain text" option.  There are good posts waiting for folks to decide
if they're going to retype them, and that's a PITA.

Paul