Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: QoS question

From: <Eric.Stuhl () ferguson com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:39:41 -0500

        If you're using Cisco gear on both ends, you're probably better
off using Class Based Weighted Fair Queueing. If you're trying to keep a
consistant policy across your campus as well as the WAN, the firewall
may come into play.  I'd look for an explanation of DSCP, and work from
there. Remember that you can do all the marking that you want, if your
provider isn't listening to you, the QoS isn't going to be effective. If
you'd like, you can contact me off-list and I ca give some more detailed
explanations.

Eric Stuhl
CCIE 16349
Ferguson Enterprises