Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FWSM tagging email from myspace.com

From: <lordchariot () earthlink net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:50:06 -0500

If I'm reading this right, there are '|' characters in the address. Most
firewalls will block this by default because it was an early sendmail
exploit that would pipe the input to a shell and root the box. (as I recall,
look it up)

It doesn't look like legitimate to me. IMHO I'd keep it blocked.

-erik