Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Netscreen firewalls

From: Peter Bruderer <brudy () bruderer-research com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 07:59:14 +0100

I'm working now almost 10 years with Netscreen Firewalls.

Yes, they have they little software bugs as every other piece of software,
but these bugs only show up if you do very complex installations with VPN
tunnels and OSPF and virtual firewalls.

They are simple to configure and maintain.

I know PIX, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Sonicwall and quite some others, but the
only one that comes close is Fortinet. This one has some advantages on the
content inspection side, like virus scanning, but if it comes to network
integration with dynamic routing and VPN than Netscreen is my preferred one.

PIX and Checkpoint are 5 years behind compared to Netscreen and Fortinet.

In the whole time I work with Netscreen, they had a few minor bugs security
wise, but none of rendered your firewall useless.

My full recommendation.