Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Assessment Of GoToMyPC vs. Network Security

From: Kevin <kkadow () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:52:39 -0500

On 4/7/06, Joe Matusiewicz <joem () nist gov> wrote:
We block GoToMyPC here because it allows access past our firewall without
any authentication under our control.

Unlike some similar products, GoToMyPC is willing to work with companies
desiring control over access to the service from their network.

Your CIO/CSO can file a form with GoToMyPC, listing the source IP networks
they would see when your customers try to connect, which (if any) of these
sources should be permitted, and a contact person in your organization
to which any new requests are forwarded.

Kevin Kadow