Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: The home user problem returns

From: "Stewart, John" <johns () artesyncp com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:32:56 -0500

I did this at the company before the last one, simply using
tools provided with XP Pro and AD and a little common sense
- eliminating 90% of the tickets the "helpdesk" was getting
(company of 300 does NOT need a helpdesk).

Perhaps you think of something different than I do when I read "helpdesk",
but IMHO a company with 300 people certainly DOES need a way to track user
requests for help, and what was done to help them. That can mean software,
or a set of procedures and a shared mailbox, but to not have any formal way
of tracking user issues in an organization of over a dozen or so folks is
insanity.

johnS