Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Check Point ISP Redundancy for Incoming Mail Service

From: Nick Brandson <nickbrandson () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:39:19 -0700 (PDT)

Dear guru,

Have had the ISP redundancy - load sharing mode turned
on on my SecurePlatform cluster and worked perfectly
fine.
However, try to follow the R55 manual to set up for
incoming mail server by using the GUIdbedit, I can
switch the misp_dns_active to true and enter the
misp_host_name successfully.  But could NOT enter the
IP addresses for from both ISP (interface), always
showing "address 0 could not be added".

Wanted to use the dbedit to modify the "script", what
is the name of the script that mentioned in the
manual? where is it located?

Anyone has tried to configure for incoming traffic
successfully?

Do you think is it feasible to use ISP Redundancy for
my mail server?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Nick