Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Is NAT in OpenBSD PF UPnP enabled or Non UPnP?

From: Danny <nocmonkey () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 12:02:09 -0400

On 5/26/05, Siju George <sgeorge.ml () gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to know if there is any body using Windows XP remote
desktop sharing behind an OpenBSD Firewall.

What I would like to do is to allow a couple of windows users behind
my OpenBSD firewall to access windows XP remote desktops on the
internet.

From

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/worki01.mspx

I understand that it is possible with UPnP enabled NAT devices.

Is the NAT in PF UPnP enabled??

or could someone tell me how I can accomplish this with OpenBSD.

Why do you want UPnP involved?

To allow RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) access from remote networks to
your desktop(s), forward port (default) 3389 to the desktop(s) and
ensure strong passphrase/passwords.

VPN would be better, but this will "work".

...D