Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: SaveUserPassword in Cisco VPN Client with PIX

From: "Paul Melson" <psmelson () comcast net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:31:33 -0500

Christian,

If it's worth keeping individual users access separate, then IMHO it is
still worth making them sign on manually, even if the password is only
useful for a handful of things.

Write-protecting the .pcf file will maintain SaveUserPassword=1.  This is
probably easier than asking the PIX to do it.  I think you would have to use
some variation of 'isakmp peer ... no-config-mode' since IKE Config Mode is
what sets this policy on the client (along with DNS/WINS/domain, etc.).
This is really meant to allow site-to-site tunnels to share isakmp and
crypto map configs with VPN clients on the same PIX by creating exceptions
for specific peer addresses.  Using this with a large number of VPN clients
would be messy.  Neither means is especially elegant.

PaulM