Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Problem with Mac and PIX Firewall

From: slytle <slytle () mac com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:19:14 -0400

I'm new to this list and have a strange problem. I tried this about 2 years ago and switched to Windows because I couldn't fix it, but wanted top give it another try.

I am trying to hook up a mac running OSX 10.3.9 to the DMZ on our PIX Firewall. When I put in any internal 10. IP address, the Mac warns me that this IP address is in use by another device with the MAC Address of the firewall. It does this with multiple machines, multiple IP addresses, and OS9. It does not happen with Windows. I'm totally lost. Any ideas?

TIA,

slytle