Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Checkpoint VPN

From: QTR <tmwhitm () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:09:26 -0400

Hello, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right
direction.  I have come off a long run of managing Cyberguard
firewalls and am now in the Checkpoint realm, so forgive my ignorance.
 I am having an issue with secure client.  I have several SoHo users
whose default routers place them on a 172.16.0.0 network.  These users
cannot connect to the gateway.  Dumps on the checkpoint fw gateway
show no incoming packets and a dump on the client show udp 500 leaving
the client, which leads me to the router/firewall @ the SoHo.  Router
makes vary, anywhere from 2wire to netgear, the result is the same.  I
initially thought it had something to do with the routing topology
since our topology pushes a static route for a 172 network, but I had
the SoHo router changed to a 10 network that is statically routed in
the topology and that worked fine.  At this point I am at a loss.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,