Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Opinion: Worst interface ever.

From: Mark Teicher <mht3 () earthlink net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:46:12 -0400

The WG UI has been redesigned over the years, but still has the same clunk and feel it used to have in the early days, the context sensitive help actually works compared to years ago where one filed a bug and waited for the next rev. Their appliance design has changed many times for cost reasons. At one time or another they were known as "The Big RED BOX" firewall. I think that was when David Bonn was their Chief Technology Officer, since then I don't know who has been fiddling with the code or the User Interface. All I can say is that there are still issues with the interface and some of the newer features, whatever you do plan ahead when enabling the in-line AV and SPAM feature. You may want call technical support ahead of time and schedule lots of offline time to configure it properly or all your email might end up in /dev/null. :(