Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: PIX stateful failover and crossover cables

From: "Crissup, John (MBNP is)" <John.Crissup () us millwardbrown com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:16:42 -0600

 I have seen whitepapers from Cisco about configuring a stateful failover
link that specifically states not to use a crossover.  I'm not sure why,
wouldn't think it should matter, but they have put it in writing.  I
honestly can't remember at the moment if I created a VLAN for two ports, or
if I just used a cross-over anyway.  I'd have to go look.

  I would search the CCO site for how to configure the link to find the
statement.

--
John