Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

SV: VPN Design - is it possible

From: "Skough Axel U/IT-S" <axel.skough () scb se>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:35:19 +0100

Hi Julian,

I am not well experienced with the PIX, but, anyhow, there should not be any problems when using the Microsoft VPN
server/client combination..... You can establish multiple connections between even between the same VPN client/server -
no real restriction would apply. To control which VPN gate is recently used may be defined using ROUTE command from
command prompt for a certain set of IP addresses.

If PIX allows for the same flexible usage I dunno as I said.... One have to read documentation and try, but logically
no restrictions should apply as the VPN IP connection is a virtual logical data transmission channel on layer 2 and
thus doesn't require any additional hardware.

Best regards,

Axel