Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Filtering proxy for HTTP POST requests

From: Devdas Bhagat <devdas () dvb homelinux org>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:13:02 +0530

On 08/08/05 22:14 +0530, Devdas Bhagat wrote:
Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations for a HTTP proxy (cheap/free)
which can filter based on content. Preferably something capable of
Bayesian analysis of content? It needs to work in ISP environments, so
transparent proxy support would be ideal.

Traffic to be filtered is outbound from the browser to the server.

Apparently, I was not clear enough in my requirement. I work at $BIG
email service provider, and we have the usual infestations of scammers.
While _we_ do try and block stuff, most of our work is reactive.

We are working with the ISPs from where this stuff tends to originate
and I was looking for something which would be able to filter on
specific content in the POST request.

Ideally, I would like to be able to plug in SpamAssassin as a content
filter into the HTTP proxy. If there is no such proxy yet, I guess I
shall have to code it myself in my copious spare time.

Devdas Bhagat