Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Checkpoint CLM

From: Security Pro <securitypro () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:21:08 -0500

I'm both new Checkpoint and new to the list. I've been getting
conflicting data from vendors and I am hoping that someone with the
experience can put this to rest. Here is my situation. I have 4
Checkpoint NG firewalls running on AIX with the management console
installed locally. No central console exsists. I know this is not
ideal but this is what I inherited. I need to get these logs back to
either an additional management console or CLM. Can a single install
of CLM collect log data from 4 different management consoles? I
thought I would run into issue with SIC when attempting to use
multiple boxes but I've been told by some people that they "thought"
this would work.  Copying the logs on a schedule will not work because
of the application that needs to access them. They must be on CLM or a
management console for this application to work.  Has anyone ran into
this before, or have any ideas how to accomplish this?

The real issue here is the fact we have them on AIX on the required
application will only run on Linux, Solaris or Windows.

Thanks in advance.

-Phil