Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: smtp proxy on firewall

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 08:44:28 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Kilaru Sambaiah wrote:

 Hello All,

    Are there any tiny smtp proxies are available, instead of send/
   recieve by big sendmail server exposing?

Personally, I use Postfix as a gateway MTA, the configurability of
a full-strength MTA seems to me to be necessary these days and
Postfix is my primary choice, qmail would be my second choice; however,

   TIS fwtk seems to be one choice, but it is old and outdated.

You get the source, should there be a new SMTP feature you'd like the code
to support.  If you're not in a high volume environment, don't need to do
gateway rejection for anti-spam, and don't need TLS, it should work just
fine.

Paul