Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Problem with Cisco VPN client behind a NATed Netscreen

From: "Richard" <dervari () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:07:41 -0400

I'm having a problem connecting to my corporate VPN using the Cisco
client when I'm at home behind a Netscreen 5XP (4.0.0r1.0) on a NATed
PPPoE connection.  The Netscreen session log shows an outgoing
connection to port 500 on the remote server and an incoming session to
port 500 on my public IP.  However, it seems that the incoming traffic
is not making to my PC.  I tried setting up a VIP and policy to route
all port 500 traffic to one PC on my home LAN and I could then get
connected, but was unable to ping anything on the corporate LAN.  This
setup worked fine with a Netgear FVS-318, so I know it's not my PC or
ISP.

I've seen conflicting articles concerning IPSec passthru on the NS.  I
read somewhere that 4.0 does it, and another place that it was a new
feature in 5.0.

Any assistance is appreciated.