Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Linux ARPD -- neighbor table overflow

From: Chris Doyle <umaro () narshe net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:17:55 -0800

I have had the same kinds of problems, but on a linux router routing about 3 class Cs or more.. It was a quick hack,
but I just put this in my startup scripts:

echo 8192 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh1
echo 8192 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh2
echo 8192 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh3

which doesn't actually fix the problem, it just makes the treshhold higher.

I haven't noticed any slowdown because of the higher threshhold, though.

I would certainly be interested in any actual fix, but this worked for me.

Cheers
Chris Doyle

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:12:07 -0600