Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Reducing Broadcast Storms

From: "WEXLER, BEN A (SBCSI)" <bw3481 () sbc com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:30:10 -0500

I am looking for some ideas of how to block unicast, multicast or broadcast
storms from within my current network.  I have a large network with an
installed base of various Cisco switches and routers.  Upon doing some
research the only way I can find to limit the effect of a broadcast storm is
to use the port based command storm-control.  While this is feasible, but
time consuming, I would like to find a solution that can be performed either
for the entire switch, access router or preferably from the distribution
level of the network.

Any ideas would be appreciated.