Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Exchange & Blackberry

From: "Keith A. Glass" <salgak () speakeasy net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:43:25 +0000

First question is, how big is the Exchange Rollout ??  Will you have a Bridgehead server for Exchange, or is it a
1-server rollout ??

But I'd place the Blackberry server, configured as a standalone server, with the usual security lockdown, AND A
DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT PASSWORD THAN YOUR Exchange server or Win2K3 domain admin password.  Then configure the Sonic to
allow SMTP in to the Exchange box, and whatever Blackberry uses to get mail from Exchange to Blackberry.  I would,
however, consider a 3rd box for Outlook Web Access (OWA).

But this is far more of an Exchange Architecture question than an Firewall one.  The 2040 just needs to be configured
properly. . .