Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: netscreen 25 sofaware ipsec interop

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 10:18:54 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Timo Proescholdt wrote:

Hi List,

my first post to this list. The archive helped me
a lot in the past, but i have come to a point where i dont know what to
do.

I try to setup a route based vpn between a netscreen NS25 and one of these
Checkpoint SOFAWARE 4.0.41 appliances.

I need the SOFAWARE box because of its PPTP internet access feature
which i am missing at other vendors.

The NS has a fixed ip, the SW a dynamic one.
Authentication shall be done using certificates.

First i created and signed two simple (no subjectAltname) certificates,
with an openssl CA, and imported the local certificates and the cacert
both into the devices.

how does one create a cert for a dynamic IP?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!