Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Vlan's as effective security measures?

From: "Daniel Linder" <dan () linder org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:02:19 -0600 (CST)

John Hall said:
I'm sorry, but most of my recent experience is with Extreme, Cisco 4xxx
and 65xx, and HP Procurve switches.  We don't have any of the switches
you list to experiment upon.

Have you thought of wrapping your testing in some sort of document or
Unix/Windows script?  A little writeup of what hardware you used (if it
was a bruite-force attack), or apps and OS used to show that the VLAN
encapsulation was breaking...  Then those of us with the equipment and
time to play a bit can at least report back what versions of the hardware
and software worked or didn't.

Dan