Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Lists of IP's we should be blocking

From: Crispin Cowan <crispin () immunix com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:05:04 -0800

Paul D. Robertson wrote:

I've been playing a little with a contact Web site[1][2] that "introduces"
folks by degrees of separation-  I'm wondering if we could whitelist 90%
of the Internet that way with some relatively simple mail parsing programs
and a web of trust of a couple hundred people on this list?
With the number of viruses that I receive that presumably come from some associate of mine who (a) has me in their address book and (b) is infected, I disbelieve that a white list of people who are vetted to be well-intentioned would be significantly useful.

Now, a white list of people who are vetted to be well-intentioned and *not running Windows*, that would be useful :)

Crispin

--
Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.  http://immunix.com/~crispin/
CTO, Immunix          http://immunix.com