Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Using RDP Port 3389

From: "Spencer D'oro" <sdoro () comcast net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:01:27 -0700

Onto Remote Administrator.  I assume you are referring to the specific
program by Famatech.  I have used copies of this program several times.  It
has an intuitive interface, and is easily configurable, and for security,
uses 128-bit encryption for all data stream.  RAdmin can also be set for
single password authentication, or it can use the built-in NT
authentication.  The latest version (2.1) also ties into the Event Log.  I
like this product, and would recommend it to anyone.  Just follow best
practices.  Change the default port number, use IP filtering, etc.  These
are also configurable within RAdmin.

That's my $.02.

Spencer, MCP