Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Static ARP firewall advice

From: "Greg Dickinson" <gdickinson () indiansprings org>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:16:52 -0500

Thank you all for your advice.

Yes, the new proxy server that I install will use authentication (ident
for when they are using lab machines, and LDAP against eDirectory for
dorm machines.)

We had also realized that this would only be a stopgap measure against
the brighter students - but we had to do something to maintain the
integrity of the internet access :-) while not making it overly
difficult for all involved.

I hadn't thought about using PPPoE for dorm access.  I may look into
that when I upgrade the firewall to the latest version of OBSD.

Thanks again.

Chuck Swiger <chuck () codefab com> 04/09/04 8:51 AM >>>