Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: TCP issue with PF & SACK

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 09:46:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Mark Renouf wrote:

Anyone have any hints? Something to check/add to my ruleset? Maybe it's
a sysctl that needs to be enabled?

Log what you're denying, and see what gets logged?

I've tried with 'net.inet.tcp.sack' both enabled and disabled.

I checked the 3.5 changelog and saw this:

"Reverse the enable logic for TCP selective acks, so TCP_SACK_DISABLE
becomes TCP_SACK_ENABLE"

Not sure if that's relevant...

I find it difficult to believe that PF doesn't handle state with selective
acks on.  Double-check your rulesets for TCP flag options.

TCP options might be set- you might want to force allowing those for
the particular rulesets, and see if that helps first, if not, you might
want to see if TCP SYN proxies help

Paul