Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Stop using dorkslayers.com RBLs now

From: Luca Berra <bluca () comedia it>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:01:57 +0200

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 10:15:24PM +0200, Mikael Olsson wrote:

Not a firewall issue per se, but we all use mail, don't we?

If you use dorkslayers.com RBLs: STOP NOW.

The dorkslayers RBLs have been down for quite some time, which is nondestructive in and of itself. But with VeriSign's latest stunt - returning 64.94.110.11 for all unknown domains - RBL lookups will return hits for anything under dorkslayers.com

And, yes, I do recognize the irony in trying to get the warning out this way.

What about stopping using RBLs for good?

At least if you do think they work better than content rules and
bayesian classifiers (and they don't) use them like spamassassin does,
assign them a score and don't base your answer on just one of them.

regards,
L.  (who does not like to delegate to anyone the decision of who can send
him mail)

--
Luca Berra -- bluca () comedia it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.