Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: (In)security of wireless LANs and the Cisco Wireless Security Suite

From: Mikael Olsson <mikael.olsson () clavister com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:02:52 +0100

"Stewart, John" wrote:

[PHBs are idiots]

My opinion has been that if they want to use wireless LANs, we can set up a
seperate leg on the firewall, treat it like a completely untrusted network,
and they can VPN in to get access to internal networks.
[cisco solution works?]

The VPN idea seems like a perfectly reasonable approach for me, even
if there were to be some wireless technology that would give the
same level of security.

Given that you're already using VPNs, you wouldn't be changing your
security posture (much) by deploying it over a wireless-only subnet.

--
Mikael Olsson, Clavister AB
Storgatan 12, Box 393, SE-891 28 ÖRNSKÖLDSVIK, Sweden