Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: firewall-wizards digest, Vol 1 #961 - 8 msgs

From: "Gonzalo A. Cisternas M." <gcisternas () acapomil cl>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 12:30:33 -0400

Hello:

I don't worked with Fw-1, but if does support text format import for rules,
can be possible to make a text dump of your ruleset of Gauntlet, and
parse-it in order to generate the equivalent form in fw1 format.

Some limitations, as many features that exists in Gauntlet are impossible to
configure in other firewall boxes and viceversa.

Personally, I´m working with awk and sed, and such tools works fine.

Maybe this could helps.

Atte.

Gonzalo A. Cisternas M.
R+D Eng. Dept.

Disclaimer
The contents of this message is confidential, based in the professional and
ethical agreement, and can not be used, reproduced, transmitted or stored in
any way by different people rather than the located on the To: or Cc:
fields. If you received this e-mal by mistake, please notify to the sender
of the message and remove the message and all of its attachements from your
computer.

I found some explanation about the halted mode operation, cool ....

http://www.samag.com/documents/s=1824/sam0201d/0201d.htm

Does anyone know any tool/application to migrate a gauntlet ruleset to
checkpoint fw1 ?

Javier Sanchez Llera
Buongiorno - MyAlert
jsanchez () myalert com