Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: hardening scripts

From: SimonChan () lifeisgreat com sg
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 06:55:19 -0800

Hi fw-wiz,

i would like to thank all input their suggestions on the current
availability of  hardening scripts to use for hardening Suse linux.

From the responses gathered, it seem that the defacto standard ( some might
disagreed ) is Bastille.

While bastille is very much suited  for RedHat, Debian, Mandrake,
harden_suse script highly customised
and secure (it cover files permissions, users, services, login, password,
ssh .. ) for suse Linux.

However, harden_suse has not been maintained for a while ( up to 7.2)
though I tested it to work on Suse ver 8.
(Marc if you're reading this, any updates/to do in the future release ?)

"Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
(Dennis Ritchie)"