Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: SEF 70 to FW1 site to site VPN

From: Jim MacLeod <jmacleod () hotpop com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:32:05 -0800

Hello,

What you mention is a perennial problem with CheckPoint, even between CheckPoint firewalls.

The time-honored solutions include:

Change the Firewall object to list the external address on the main page, and make sure the other addresses are also listed in the interfaces page.

Change the hosts file on the FireWall-1 machine so that its hostname resolves to its external address.

You can also refer the CheckPoint administrator to the following document:
http://www.phoneboy.com/fom-serve/cache/163.html

Best Regards,
-Jim MacLeod