Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Incoming HTTP to multiple HTTP servers

From: Barney Wolff <barney () pit databus com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 00:17:22 -0500

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 07:47:38PM -0000, Partha Mukhopadhyay wrote:
I have small Java boards running http servers ( with IPs 192.168.0.*, No
DNS ) under a firewall/router with NAT. Only the router has a public IP.
How do I send http requests to individual boards under the router?

Consider doing this with separate port numbers.  Since most URLs are
clicked on rather than typed in, it makes no difference to the user
and means you can use a simple appliance firewall/router/nat to do
the job.  As to the question of how to keep something running in the
middle of nowhere, it helps to have a way to cycle power remotely or
automatically.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.