Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

I am having a problem with check point and I need a little help

From: "Pettus, Duane R." <dpettus () GryphonLC com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:08:59 -0400

Yeah, I was having a problem with this checkpoint crap.
My firewall server when connected to the checkpoint services on any internal NIC Card will not open a web page.

Let me give you the run down:

1 2000 server (Running Check point) (10.0.0.100-internal network ; 127.0.0.1-external network ;  10.20.0.1 - DMZ )
1 workstation (10.0.0.1 internal)
1 workstation (10.20.0.2 web server)
1 2003 server (10.0.0.3)
1 workstation simulating the internet (172.0.0.2 & connection to the internet & DNS for the test environment)

This is not a problem when I just have the Checkpoint service running on the external card ONLY.

When I turn the service off of the internal cards (10.0.0.100 and 10.20.0.1), I can tracert, ping open a website and it
opens correctly.

When I turn the service on the internal cards (10.0.0.100 and 10.20.0.1), I can tracert, ping but I cannot open a web
page.

I am allowing everything on the firewall.  It can resolves the web-site (I see that at the bottom), it has the ability
of resolving the host name because I can resolve the name in the ping, but it will not open the web page.  If I put in
the ip address of the website it will not open that either

I have a rule that states to all everything from the internal network
I have a stealth rule and a cleanup rule that is it.

Duane R. Pettus
Gryphon Technologies
Sr. Network Administrator
dpettus () gryphonlc com