Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

ISPs with more secure networks???

From: Tony Miedaner <miedaner () twcny rr com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:56:27 -0400

Hi,

Somewhat off topic but

Has anyone heard of ISP's with arrangements that enforce any type of security requirements within their agreements for the connected customers as well as providing an SLA that allows a company to restrict access inbound.

My thought is an arrangement that allows only US based network blocks access to the network (i.e., the customers network).

Even a tiered access arrangement that allowed US (for instance) based networks x bandwidth and other international networks y bandwidth.

Or even better customers agreeing to the networks agreements getting full access to each other and then all others are filtered one way or another (i.e. firewall, routing, filtering or other). The obvious assumption here is that the customers are security conscious.

I guess I am getting sick of these folks that don't control what is coming out of their networks and would prefer to see the ISP at least taking a shot at limiting it.

TIA