Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: DNS records for a firewall NAT pool

From: "Bojan Zdrnja" <Bojan.Zdrnja () LSS hr>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:10:27 +1200

-----Original Message-----
From: firewall-wizards-admin () honor icsalabs com
[mailto:firewall-wizards-admin () honor icsalabs com] On Behalf
Of R. DuFresne
Sent: Wednesday, 30 July 2003 5:38 a.m.
To: Pollock, Joseph
Cc: firewall-wizards () honor icsalabs com
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] DNS records for a firewall NAT pool

could not the fix for this client be a hardcoded hosts file?

I've not mucked about alot with tcpd and compiling lately with the
paranoid switches, but, this might be the way to do this 'quetly", of
course resolv.conf need to point to files first on this system.

According to what Joseph wrote, *remote* site uses tcp wrappers.

This is not a client issue and hosts file has absolutely nothing to do with
it (unless I totaly misunderstood him).

Back on topic, I also see no reason why not to map PTR entries correctly, as
other people suggested.

Regards,

Bojan Zdrnja