Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Telnet dropped

From: "simon" <simon.chan () netguard bz>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:27:53 +0800

Hi Brian,

there's several possibility.

Let's assume the other end doesn't have a firewall, Try to trace route and
ping the target host.

If it's ok, then it's possibility that the target host has some sort of
host filtering configured to
block out unauthorised ip or the telnet service is not started.

If there's a firewall, check with the other end to see if it's opened.

tks.

Rgds,

Simon Chan
Security Consultant
MCP, CCNA, CCSA, WCSP
31 Ubi Road 1, #07-00
Aztech Building
Singapore 408694
Cell : 9 382 5588

 "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."
- Hemingway