Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Unable to update fw1 objects

From: "Chapman, Justin T" <JtChapma () bhi-erc com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 08:29:32 -0800

I'm not sure this has something to do with it but I found the following
error messages in /var/adm/messages:

Feb  4 10:12:51 fw-ecorp fw: [ID 976039 kern.notice]
fwlddist_adjust_buf: record too big for sync. existing space=7f4,
requesting 804 more. max=800

I did a quick search on google (http://www.google.com) for the error and
came up with the following possible solution (original post at
http://www.firewall-1.org/2002-11/msg00733.html):

looks like an interface-speed problem.

try to set the interface-speed and duplex of all interfaces (which belongs
together)
to the same value. also include the switches.

typically this messages appear if the switch is forced to do 10mbit/half and
the
fw 100mbit/full... (or the other way round)

depending os the os fix the speed & duplex:

solaris:
        * ndd
        * /etc/system

linux/secureplatform: