Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Need advice on an Nortel Accelar 750

From: Michael Blankenship <Michael () ChooseOne com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:17:42 -0800

All,

    I was wondering if I could get some advice.  I've got someone who can
give me a good deal on a new "Nortel Accelar 750 - Model DJ1401E11" but I'm
not sure of all it's capabilities and was hoping some of you might have run
into this device and may have comments.  I've read some of the blurbs
describing it but they're often just a lot of sales hyperbole.

    I have a small data center, a few web and database servers, no high-end
customers as yet.  I don't currently have any SSL-based sites configured but
could conceive of this.

    Are there any fatal flaws with the particular model?  I've read that the
Model DJ1401E20 version includes support for 128-bit SSL and I'm wondering
if then, perhaps, the E11 only supports 40-bit...?  Assuming that I could
get the 750 for "little or nothing" then:

1) was there anything great about the product that you could describe?
2) do you think it doesn't support 128-bit session keys?
3) can it direct for more than one set of webservers or just one grouping?
4) I've seen it retail for as much as $27K--why?
5) know where I can get any accompanying software if it doesn't come with
it?
6) what the configuration is like (HTML- or telnet-based)?

Thanks in advance,
Michael Blankenship